When she adds a touch of color to her lips, every woman feels more desirable. Lipsticks add a bit of glitz to your look, but there are significant side effects of lipsticks. Cadmium, titanium, chromium, lead, and other heavy metals can be used in lip glosses and liners. Read about the side effects of lipsticks.
6 Side Effects of Lipsticks You Definitely should know
Lipstick is associated with a number of health issues. If the amount of preservatives in lipstick is higher than what is considered safe, it can cause problems for the user, such as:
1, Ingestion of Toxins
Manganese, cadmium, chromium, and aluminium accumulate in the body, causing toxicity. Women inadvertently consume them while eating. When purchasing lipstick, make sure it is a high-quality product that is free of these ingredients.
2, Allergies to the skin
Lipsticks are preserved with a chemical called bismuth oxychloride. This ingredient’s carcinogenic property is extremely dangerous and can cause allergies.
Cancer is a disease that affects people. Preservatives in lipsticks can cause serious side effects such as skin irritation, wheezing, coughing, and eye irritation. Some lipstick brands have been linked to the development of cancer.
4, Endocrine System Disruption
Petrochemicals, which are found in all lipsticks, are a significant health hazard. Growth, intelligence, reproduction, and development can all be hampered by endocrine disruption. Petrochemicals are a by-product of natural gas and crude oil, and should not be overlooked.
5, Nervous System Affectation
Lead is a common ingredient in most lipsticks. Hormonal imbalance and brain damage are also associated side effects. The neurotoxin in them causes the nervous system to degenerate.
6, Renal Insufficiency
The heavy metals found in lipsticks have the potential to harm organs and cause illnesses. Renal failure is caused by a high cadmium content. Lipstick application on a regular basis can lead to stomach tumours.
What Are Some of the Harmful Ingredients in Lipsticks?
Some of these hazardous ingredients can be found in your everyday lipstick
- The endocrine system, which produces hormones, can be harmed by phthalates. Exposure to phthalates can cause developmental, neurological, and reproductive harm.
- We’re all aware of the dangers of lead as a makeup ingredient. It is undeniably harmful to one’s health in the long run.
- Polyethylene glycols are petroleum-based compounds that are commonly found in creams. The nervous system will be severely harmed as a result of this.
- Preservatives called parabens are used in cosmetics and can easily penetrate the skin. These have a poor rep for inducing depression, vomiting, and diarrhoea, among other things.
- The endocrine system is known to be disrupted by siloxanes, which are also toxic to the reproductive system.
What Can You Do To Reduce These Consequences?
There is a solution to every problem. Lipstick’s negative effects can be mitigated by using safer alternatives. Those who use lipstick on a regular basis should keep the following tips in mind.
- The darker shades of lipstick are bound to have a lot of heavy metal. As a result, opt for lighter hues.
- The harmful effects of the chemicals in the lipstick can be mitigated by using a petroleum jelly base.
- To avoid the negative effects of chemicals, opt for homemade lipsticks.
- Chemical lipsticks should not be worn during pregnancy because they can harm the unborn baby in the mother’s womb. Instead, opt for herbal alternatives.
- Lipsticks should only be used on special occasions and should not be worn every day.
- Because the harsh chemicals in lipsticks can harm the skin around them, you should exfoliate your skin at least twice a week. Lipsticks should be avoided as much as possible to avoid damage to the lips.
- You should not buy cheap products, no matter how appealing a local brand lipstick appears to be, because they cause more harm than reputable brand lipsticks.
- Before going to bed, remove and wipe off the lipstick with a good quality makeup remover.
- Purchase organic and natural lipsticks.
It’s critical to find safer alternatives to use in order to improve internal health. You would not have to regret your decisions if you make a conscious effort to make the best ones. After all is said and done, there is no denying that it empowers a woman while also releasing her femininity.